The Division of Student Success and Engagement focuses on a fully coordinated and collaborative approach to supporting our students, from their first interactions with MMC as high school students, through their years as MMC Griffins, to the day they graduate, degree in hand.
In support of Marymount Manhattan College’s academic mission, Student Success and Engagement provides innovative programs and services that inspire and engage students. Through unparalleled care and holistic support, we boldly champion students through their unique educational journeys to ensure the articulation and pursuit of their dreams, continued personal growth, professional and career preparation, and academic success. We foster a community that collaboratively works to create an inclusive space and prepares students to contribute in positive and ethical ways.
To focus on the preparation, well-being, and development of each student through engaging experiences that guide, support, and challenge them on their path to global citizenship.
The Division of Student Success and Engagement values:
- Care: We endeavor to encourage all members of the community to treat everyone with respect and to practice civility, compassion, and care for themselves and others.
- Inclusion: We value individuals, and seek to affirm each person’s identities in a community that embraces cultural understanding, equity, support, and celebration. We value a community of belonging for all.
- Engagement: We are committed to creating a student-centered community where co-curricular opportunities strengthen students’ personal growth through learning experiences inside and out of the classroom.
- Excellence: We are dedicated to helping students obtain the skills and knowledge necessary to build a foundation that prepares them for personal and professional success.
In the Division of Student Success and Engagement, we strive for every individual to be a passionate, compassionate, and unique person, to be our most authentic selves. To grow, learn, and make one another better every day we work together. We strive to offer a place where every person feels empowered by how we are different, and how we are the same. All of this with the common goal to be a better Division for our current and future students.
- To challenge and empower our students to become educated, successful, compassionate, thoughtful, engaged, and responsible global citizens.
- To promote an inclusive community by leading efforts for recruitment and retention of diverse students who are supported and engaged.
- To work together to strengthen connections and relationships that help us respond appropriately to the needs of our students.
- To provide comprehensive resources, services, and a multitude of opportunities from recruitment to graduation that support student development, persistence, and excellence.